5.06.2016

Cathrina's Review of The 5th Wave


After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it's the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth's last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie's only hope for rescuing her brother-or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.



Cathrina's Review:

I absolutely love Rick Yancey's brilliant writing style. He clearly wedged a stronghold into his character's psyche, bringing to the reader the first person's POV's strong emotional upheavals. The POV of first Cassie and then Ben Parish develop nicely and come together in the conclusion. The 5th Wave is dynamic as an apocalyptic alien invasion where characters cannot distinguish between the aliens and humans. (I like that Yancey does not have little green monsters taking over the world) 

If you like to read YA action packed drama, I highly recommend The 5th Wave. It was hard for me to put down the book once I began.


Since I read The 5th Wave, it has been made into a movie.

10 comments:

  1. Oooh.
    As usual, thank you and drat you.
    I need no more books. Which won't stop me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just watched the movie, and it didn't compare to the intensity of the book.

      Delete
  2. This sounds awesome! Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this does look good. Has anyone seen the film?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just watched the film last night and it was meh... The Book is much much better!

      Delete
  4. It must be a good read. I haven't see the film. Wonder when it was made? I'm a Netflix addict, so I might look for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The film just made it to On Demand. I was okay, but I recommend the book!

      Delete
  5. Ooo, sounds like an excellent read.

    ReplyDelete

What's happening in your dimension?